Frequently Asked Questions
- Who are we?
- Why buy from us?
- I found a lower price on a different site. Will you match it?
- What payment methods do you accept?
- What is your return policy?
- Do you ship to P.O. boxes?
- Can I cancel my order?
- How long will it take for my order to arrive?
- Which type of lighting is best for me?
1. Who are we?
Grow Light Central is Henry (that's me), Alexa (my friend from HS) and Mike (her husband). Together we have over 50 years of growing experience. See our About page for more.
2. Why buy from us?
You may be wondering why you should buy your grow lights from us, instead of other available authorized dealers. Read on for the answers to all your burning questions.
10 Reasons to Trust Us With Your Business
- Customer Service. We are here to help and want the best for you. Use our live chat or email or call us during business hours. We are always here for you.
- Full Warranties and Generous Return Policies. We only carry top American brands that back their products with full warranties and return policies of up to 90 days, depending on the brand (details at the bottom of this page).
- Price Match. We want you to be absolutely secure that you're getting the best price with us, so we will not only match a lower price you find online before purchase, but will even refund you the difference up to a month after purchase (details here).
- Discreet Insured Shipping. All orders ship via FedEx, UPS, DHL, USPS, or a reputable freight company and the shipment is always insured, so you do not have to worry about a lost or damaged package. You also don't need to worry about prying eyes: all orders ship discreetly.
- Hassle-Free Returns. We always adhere to the manufacturers' return policies (details on each manufacturer at the bottom of this page).
- Free Shipping on orders over $175 to the lower 48 states.
- No Sales Tax Anywhere, except NJ.
- Authorized Dealers. We only carry American brands whose lights and other products have been extensively tested by real growers and processors. 100% US warranty on all products. For a list of products that are entirely manufactured in the US, head here.
- Buyer's Guides. We have created buyer's guides for both HID and LED grow lights, as well as rosin presses and bud trimmers, to help you find the perfect light or press for your needs. We also have reviews and comparisons of the top 1000w LED grow lights and the top 600w LEDs.
- Safe & Secure Systems in place for every payment transaction.
3. I found a lower price on a different site. Will you match it?
Yes. We will happily match any online price before purchase, and even refund you the difference up to a month after purchase.
Some conditions apply, though. See our price guarantee page for a list of conditions as well as instructions on applying for a price match.
4. What payment methods do you accept?
We accept all major credit cards as well as PayPal, Google Pay, Apple Pay and Bitcoin (via Coinbase).
5. What is your return policy?
You can return any grow light within 30 to 90 days after purchase, depending on the brand. Some non-lighting products can't be returned. We always follow the manufacturers' policies for returns, which are detailed at the bottom of our shipping and returns page.
6. Do you ship to P.O. boxes?
Unfortunately, there are a lot of scammers out there, making it impossible for us to ship to P.O. boxes. Please provide a business or residential address when placing your order.
7. Can I cancel my order?
If you would like to cancel an order, please contact us as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your order has not yet begun processing, we can issue a full refund.
If it has been processed, you can get a refund minus shipping charges (both ways, even if the product had free shipping—we still have to pay for it, after all). A restocking fee of up to 25% may also apply, depending on the brand. Both the restocking fee and the shipping charges may be waived for some brands.
You'll find more info on our shipping and returns page.
8. How long will it take for my order to arrive?
Most orders will be at your door within 7 business days of placing your order, but this can take longer in some instances. We will keep you updated as processing and shipping progresses, but feel free to email us at sales@growlightcentral if you have any questions about the status of your order.
We carry a number of different brands that ship from different warehouses, so estimating an arrival time is difficult.
We generally process your order within 24 hours of receiving it and it usually ships out within a day or two after that. This can take up to a week, though, with certain brands.
We ship most products using standard ground shipping via UPS, FedEx or the USPS. Depending on your location, shipping times range from two days to two weeks. In most cases, it will take less than a week.
See our shipping and returns page for more info.
9. Which type of lighting is best for me?
NOTE: This is just a brief summary. For more assistance in choosing the right plant light for you, check out our popular grow light buying guide
If you're just growing a plant or two for your personal use and you don't want to spend too much......go with fluorescent grow lights.
If you have a bigger grow space, but you're on a budget......go with HID grow lights.
If your indoor garden is bigger than a plant or two and you can afford it.......go with LED grow lights.
...unless you're an experienced grower who has been growing successfully with HID lights......in that case, there's no pressing need to switch.
Here is a quick summary of the pros and cons of each lighting system:
For much more on the individual lighting types, please see the appropriate FAQ: