California Lightworks SolarStorm 220 Full Cycle
The California Lightworks SolarStorm 220 (formerly SolarFlare 220) is equivalent to a 400 watt HPS or MH light in terms of output and coverage, but only consumes 165 watts of power. Up to ten of them can be chained together and operated on one outlet and one timer.
New Super High Flux 5w LEDs Are More Efficient
The 44 high-power 5 watt Osram LED diodes in the SolarStorm 220 are made with high-quality ceramic substrates and their primary optics contain jewel-quality glass. Combine these with a new proprietary driver design that provides over 90% efficiency and you end up with a 10-15% increase in light output while consuming the same power.
Chain Together Up To 10 SolarStorm 220 Units
The SS 220 comes with an output plug that allows you to chain together up to 10 units using piggy-back chaining cord (sold separately here).
Chaining several units together means you can run them from one outlet and using one timer.
Optimized For Full Cycle Use
The full-cycle version of the SolarStorm 220 contains deep blue, blue, red, deep red and warm white light in a ratio optimized to take your plants through all cycles of growth.
High PAR And Large Coverage Area
The SS 220 delivers 1773 PAR in the center when hung 12 inches from the top of the plants. It provides 745 PAR at 18 inches and 420 PAR at 24 inches.
During veg, we recommend hanging the light at 48 inches from your plants which gives you a large coverage area of up to 25 square feet. During bloom, hang the light 12 to 18 inches from your plants for a 2 by 2 foot coverage area.
High PPF Penetrates Plant Canopy
This light gives you a high photo-synthetic photon flux (PPF) that tops that of a 400 watt HPS system. This means deeper canopy penetration.
Near Silent Operation
An efficient low RPM, high CFM 80 mm axial fan cools the oversized heat sink and does so while emitting very little noise.
Extremely Long Lifespan Rating
The 5 watt Osram LEDs used in this unit are rated for 80,000 hours, which is 60% longer than the LEDs used by other manufacturers.
Designed and Manufactured in California
While most LED grow lights on the market are either manufactured entirely in China or are assembled in the US from Chinese parts, California Lightworks LEDs are made almost entirely here in the US.
The only components that aren't completely American are the LEDs themselves. Some of the parts used come from top quality German brands.
3-Year Warranty Means No Purchasing Risk
California Lightworks provide a limited 3-year manufacturer's warranty on all their lights. They do this to remove all purchasing risk to you and because they know that their lights will not fail.
The California Lightworks SolarStorm 220 is extremely powerful, but at the same time, it is so efficient that it consumes far less power than an equivalent 400 watt HID light, not to mention the savings from not needing a cooling system.
This light will give you strong, bushy plants with large, high quality yields. And it will save you money while doing so. Jump back to the top and click on "Add to Cart" to buy yours today.
|Actual Wattage||165 watts|
|HID Equivalent||400 watts|
|LED Quantity||44 x 5 watt LEDs|
|Input Voltage||90 - 277V AC (2.83 A at 240V - 5.67A at 120V)|
|Spectrum||full spectrum for veg and bloom: 440 nm (deep blue), 470 nm (blue), 620 nm (red), 665 nm (deep red) and 3100 K (warm white)|
|PAR||1773 umol at 12" from light, 745 umol at 18", 420 umol at 24"|
|Lens Angle||primary: 80 degrees; total included: 130 degrees|
|Coverage Area||5 by 5 feet for veg, 2 by 2 feet for flowering|
|Hanging Height||48" above plants for veg, 12-18" for bloom|
|Working Temperature||-15°C to 40°C (5°F to 104°F)|
|Thermal Management||1 x 80 mm low RPM high CFM axial fan; 50,000 hour lifespan|
|Dimensions||9 x 9 x 4 inches|
|Product Weight||9 lbs.|
|LED Life Span||80,000 hours|
|Daisy Chain||up to 10 units using the same outlet and timer|
|Package Includes||fixture, power cable, hanging kit; discreet shipping|
|Recommended For||small-sized growers; indoors use only|
|Manufacturer's Warranty||3 years|
- Free shipping on all orders over $100 in the continental US.
- Estimated Arrival: Between May 29 and Jun 5.
- You will receive tracking info within 24 hours of shipment.
- Minimum 30-day return policy.
- Our shipping and returns page has more details, including return info for individual brands.
The SolarStorm 220 comes with a limited 3-year manufacturer's warranty.
You may be wondering why you should buy your grow lights from us, instead of other available authorized dealers. Read on for the answers to all your burning questions.
10 Reasons to Trust Us With Your Business
- Customer Service. We are here to help and want the best for you. Use our live chat or email or call us anytime. We are here for you 24/7.
- Price Match. If you find a lower online price within 6 months, we will match or even beat it (details here).
- Additional third-party price guarantee. We want you to be absolutely secure that you're getting the best price with us, so we've purchased buyer's insurance that also guarantees the lowest price. You're now doubly protected.
- Free 4x Buyer's Insurance. In addition to the low price guarantee, you are also covered against any shipping problems, identity theft and terms of service breaches. And it's all on us (details here).
- Hassle-Free Returns. If you aren’t absolutely satisfied, return your product within 30-90 days, depending on the brand (details here).
- Free Shipping on orders over $100 to the lower 48 states.
- No Sales Tax Anywhere (excluding WY).
- Authorized Dealers. We only carry American brands whose lights have been extensively tested by real growers. 100% US warranty on all products.
- Safe & Secure Systems in place for every payment transaction.
- Best Shopping Experience. We hold your hand from day 1 till the end.
We Also Recommend